Sales / Business Development | Energy Transition (NL)
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world and, as part of a wider strategic decision expending and, in the search of a colleague for Sales / Business Development | Energy Transition (NL)
Our company supports the utilities and municipalities in improving the way they manage energy and water. We are already providing key infrastructure solutions involving smart metering and smart grid solutions. This role will mainly support the identification of future business growth opportunities around Smart Energy, Smart Water and Smart City projects in the Netherlands.
You are responsible for networking on the local market, identify main opportunities, create first contacts with potential customers and partners, identify main pipeline and start first bookings.
As part of an international and matrix organization, you report to the Sales Manager of Benelux region, and you support her with the development of our sales activities in the Netherlands. This role includes national travel.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of our company solutions including Smart meters, Communication modules, Networks, Software and Services.
- Think out of the box and find new creative ways to promote the company and to penetrate the new vertical and growing market of Smart Applications.
- Perform market and competitive research to provide insights internally.
- Act as the customers trusted advisor and develop a long-term customer relationship.
- Understand client needs and tailor solutions through consultative approach.
- Identify potential technical and business partners.
- Participate to tradeshows and events related to the smart use of Energy and Water to increase Itron’s visibility.
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships, maintaining an accurate, detailed opportunity list, and develop an active customer base along our long sales cycles.
- Utilize Salesforce.com tool to ensure standard processes during all sales stages.
- Develop and keep alive a pipeline of opportunities to build long term forecast.
- Support bids offers for clients working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Required skills and experience
- Degree in Engineering or IT
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in customer facing roles (Business development / Account Management / Sales Engineering / Application Engineering) related to technological solutions involving ideally Hardware, Software and Services.
- Passion for customers, ability to generate new leads, build long-term relationships with partners and C-level stakeholders, and close deals.
- Great ability to convince others and to maintain effective business network.
- Excellent team-spirit and communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Fluent Dutch and English skills are mandatory.
- Driving license is required.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work in an International and Multicultural environment and actively take part in the transformation of cities and utilities for a smarter management of resources
- Position based in our sales office in Dordrecht, but can also be managed remotely (in Netherlands)
- Competitive salary + Performance based bonus
- Company Car, Laptop, GSM
- Leave: 27 days + 13 ADV (Metalektro)
More about Itron:
For more information regarding the job and the application procedure, please contact:
Jasper Touw | email@example.com | +316 5120 5817
Niels Uljee | firstname.lastname@example.org | +316 2311 9090