Junior Technical Key Account Manager Nichia
Functieomschrijving Junior Technical Key Account Manager Nichia
This is a great opportunity for a junior candidate with an Engineering background and Sales Potential. Coached by a senior colleague you will be introduced to a quality and solution focussed style of Key Accountmanagement. Ideally you have some experience in the field of electronics, semiconductors or lighting.
In this position you'll be responsible for identifying, qualifying and generating sales opportunities and pursuing these to successful closure. He/she must present solutions to potential customers or identify new opportunities as well as maintain current customer base and Nichia share. Must be capable of developing customer relationships at all levels and guide sales through opportunity planning, project sales, design involvement and value selling. Must be well-versed in the details of Nichia products and be able to promote these to customers both remotely and in person. Negotiate pricing and terms with customers.
You will focus on the Automotive industry. This is a client facing role.
‘Ever Researching for a Brighter World'
Nichia succeeded in developing and commercializing the super high brightness Blue LED in 1993. It was accepted with great amazement in the related industries throughout the world. Since the first announcement of the Blue LED in 1993, InGaN-based LEDs in different emission colors, ranging from Ultraviolet to yellow, have been contributed to the diversification of LED application fields.
Nichia Corporation is a Japanese company that has subsidiary locations all over the world with approximately 9,000 Employees worldwide.
For our Amsterdam office we are looking for a Key Account Manager for our Automotive LED Sales Team. (M/F)
• Maintain in-depth product knowledge, application requirements, competitive landscape and market dynamics
• Strategically Identify and develop new business while maintaining and increasing existing business
• Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to achieve desired results
• Market Research, Sales Forecast/Planning and data maintenance.
• Full administration related to your job; from sampling to quotations and the pro-active management of Accounts Receivables.
• Travelling in and around Europe approx. 30%-40% or more
• Reporting to seniors in Europe / corporate HQ in Japan
Nichia is looking for a candidate with an engineering background who is looking forward to develop her- or himself in the field of Key Accountmanagement (KAM). While relying on your technical skills your role will require:
• Ability to manage multiple accounts
• Ability to sell on value instead of price alone
• Accepts responsibility and is accountable for achieving sales targets
• High energy and passion towards achieving sales objectives through solving customers needs
• Interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and outside customers
• Ability to cultivate sustained relationships with key employees of targeted customers at all appropriate levels
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Ability to pay attention to details and gather comprehensive information on customer needs and competition
• Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
• Strong oral, written and technical communication skills
• Ability to present, persuade, negotiate, and close business
• Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Excellent in English
• Currently living and working in The Netherlands
• Proficient computer skills MS Office
As a junior you will receive support from your colleagues to develop into a skillful team member.
Your background and skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited institution strongly preferred
• Technically-minded, ability to discuss products and developments with clients
• Experience in the electronics (preferably Automotive) industry
• Preferably experienced in LED industry
Required soft skills
• Integrated personality – being able to establish a good relationship with international customers and with colleagues
• Team player
• High flexibility
• Self starter
• Open to different cultures
• Naturally calm and patient but energetic disposition
Contact our recruiter
- Noord Holland
- Zuid Holland