Business Growth Manager | Netherlands
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world and, as part of a wider strategic decision expending and, in the search of a Business Growth Manager | Netherlands.
With the support of cross-functional teams including Technical experts, Bidding Team, Product Management and Marketing, Legal, and Finance, you are responsible for identifying business opportunities with prospective customers or existing accounts at executive level, including mainly Municipalities and Utilities.
Based on your expertise in building long-term relationships and your understanding of technological solutions, you define and execute our business development strategy in your perimeter, and you address all complex opportunities targeting Smart Metering, Smart Grid and Smart city projects.
As part of an international and matrix organization, you report to the Sales Manager of Benelux region and you support her with the development of our sales activities in the Netherlands. This role includes national travel.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of our company solutions including Smart meters, Communication modules, Networks, Software and Services.
- Think out of the box and find new creative ways to promote the company and to penetrate the new vertical and growing market of Smart City.
- Perform incisive and insightful market and competitive research to develop existing business and new high-level client relationships.
- Act as the customers trusted advisor and develop a long-term customer relationship at executive and government official level.
- Understand client needs and tailor solutions through consultative approach.
- Identify, recruit, evaluate technical and business partners to address new markets.
- Prepare bids offers for clients working in a multi-disciplinary team, follow the execution of the projects and take care of the post project business evolution.
- Participate to tradeshows and events related to Smart Cities to increase Itron’s visibility.
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships, maintaining an accurate, detailed opportunity list, and develop an active customer base along our long sales cycles.
- Utilize Salesforce.com tool to ensure standard processes during all sales stages.
- Develop and keep alive a pipeline of opportunities to build long term forecast.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Engineering (IT / Telecom), and/or in Business
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales roles (Business development and Account Management) related to complex solutions that involve Hardware, Software and Services.
- Experience with public tenders would be an asset.
- Passion for sales, ability to generate new leads, build long-term relationships with public officials, partners, C-level stakeholders, and close deals.
- Outstanding ability to convince others and to maintain effective business network.
- Excellent team-spirit and communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Fluent Dutch and English skills are mandatory.
- Driving license is required.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work in an International and Multicultural environment and actively take part in the transformation of cities and utilities for a smarter management of resources
- Position based in our sales office in Dordrecht, but can also be managed remotely (in Netherlands)
- Competitive salary + Performance based bonus
- Company Car, Laptop, GSM
- Leave: 27 days + 13 ADV (Metalektro)
More about Itron:
For more information regarding the job and the application procedure, please contact:
Jasper Touw | email@example.com | +316 5120 5817
Niels Uljee | firstname.lastname@example.org | +316 2311 9090